Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Life as a Conjunction:


I'm sorry. I started to, and then I just stopped.



Sorry, this is coming from a weird moment of weakness. I'm not supposed to show this. Because I don't trust in myself anymore. Well, not as much as I used to. I don't know what to blame for that. Well.

It must be the way that I can hear you say this now
Don't be afraid, just know that I'll be with you somehow
All of your cries, soon they will drown in my lullabies
Just close your eyes, just close your eyes
Lullaby - All Star United



So my mind has turned to ways of being sneaky, brilliant, and have an overall sense of accomplishment that I've been dreaming of for years. Because there's always a day where you feel left out, and you feel like you missed out, and like "Oh crap, I could've been all over that. Man." Yeah, like that.
At least they gave me time to think. But that doesn't really solve my problem. Go figure. And there are moments where I just think things like
I hate phones
I hate computers
I hate parents
I hate maps
I hate months
I hate plays
I hate jobs
I hate bowling
I hate guitars
and all I can do is focus on how I've been let down. Well guess what. It was mostly me. Mostly me. So the next time I check a calendar, maybe I'll just have to shake my head in shame and tell myself that I embarrass me. Hm, some capricious kid I am.

Would you do it? Would you take a risk to kick someone's feet out from under them (metaphorically, of course)? How much are you willing to put OUT THERE before you start to think about it? Because then you'll realize that it's not just you they're judging, and it's not just what you thought. And suddenly there's more to the story that you never saw coming. And how do you react to that? With a paper and pen? I mean, is that what it's asking for?
You can't slip a pair of wings into someone's locker.


"And on that note..."
That's where it started. That and my birthdate. God.

Oh, and save me from Nickelback, because Photograph does not help me. Because I'm trying to channel the majority of the feeling through to my fingers (interrupted by the occasional tic), and before you know it, something brilliant will come out.
Please, let it be now.


If you spent two more minutes in the corner
They'd probably lose track of you
And they'd come looking for you
And they'd take you by the hand and drag you
And I'd be left watching them pull you
Away from where I was just sitting
With you
Leaving me with an air of clouds
And harmless little ambitions
And I'd add them to my conditions
Which I piled up with your permission
When you came along with your apparitions
As I walked past the street lights
In this condition
Which is to say that I really, really, really hope this works out.


This is pretty unfinished.
This is pretty unfinished.

12 comments:

John said...

sounds finished, and well rounded to me. i like that last bit especially. and as for that risk bit, i don't totally get what you mean, and i'm not totally sure i would.
moments. they have a funny way of changing your day. for better or for worse.

Jon Berg said...

yea . . john. i like what you said.

your day is made up of moments. good ones bad ones . but it'll take just that one to make or break a day sometimes.

andy your posts always generate thought(s). its nice.

John said...

he's a thought generator. the general of thoughts.

Anonymous said...

it's berry berry high school of me
but i think i'll take one line,
build a worldview around it,
(you know, lift it "as is")
or at least a short poem
a movie, who knows
not me, not me:

"you can't slip a pair of wings into someone's locker." tell me you made that yourself.

Andy said...

i did.

Anonymous said...

that was the one line that stuck out at me too.

and in answer to your question: if i knew what i was doing before i did it..no. but sometimes you just cant tell..yknow..hindsight.

Anonymous said...

DUCK!
duckduckduckduckduckduckduck.

you kids and you're blogs, they make no sense, and are pure metaphor, or nothing at all.
i dont know, all i know is DUCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha, i loved the duck andy! when you squished it.

Anonymous said...

haha i sound like i belong in either a mental institute or a day care.
forgive me.

Anonymous said...

the very first picture looks almost exactly like an old one we have from when my dad was a kid, its kind of dark lighting, with his teddybears and other animals lined up on the windowsill.

Brent said...

so it took me a while to come up with something brilliant enough to go a long with the brilliance of this, and yet it's not near close to being quite brilliant enough.

lately all i've been thinking about is how many opportunities i've missed. and i slap myself in the face everytime i realize that it happened again. i think it's soo worth the risk of kicking someone's feet out from under them, especially if it helps them to realize something, and it's even better if it helps them realize something profound.

paper and pen only go so far, to be precise, only as far as the end of the paper and as far as the ink in the pen is willing to. 'cause if there's more to the story, and you explain the more of the story, more just keeps coming.

"You can't slip a pair of wings into someone's locker" brilliant line.

and what is it with Nickelback. everyone's says they can't stand their music, and yet the radio keeps playing it. i must be something with our school.

and i hope something brilliant comes out soon, at least from me. 'cause you can only be so brilliant.

Anonymous said...

i really like the pictures. and didnt understand everything that you wrote, which i'm trying to excuse myself for by sayig, "it's normal." even if i don't believe myself.
in any case,
the show must go o-oon.