Monday, May 22, 2006

hysterical and...

In case you haven't noticed, I've been on a bit of a analogy tear. So expect at least on of those by the end.

How many of you have struggled with the identity of God? Putting mortal boundaries on an immortal God; putting finite boundaries on an infinite God; putting natural boundaries on a supernatural God? I have. But I think right now I've reached a point where my faith has taken over my doubts, and I can't see the world without God. Now if only my actions could fall in line.

How many of you are familiar with beauty making you feel a sense of calm? When a color, a sound, a face just takes all of the stress of the day away? I am. Thank you for teaching me about that. So now simple things can make me fall in love -- or break my heart. Excellent.

How many of you have been a part of our movie? A lot of you. Thank you. We got attacked by birds.

How many of you watched the fireworks this weekend? I like the colors, and the sound. My dog doesn't appreciate them, because she's color-blind and afraid of the noise. What a shame.

How many of you have experienced insomnia? I have, this week. Took me a while to get back to a working state, but at least I can blink when I want to, now. And it figures, the day I drink the least coffee this week is the day I get the least sleep.

How many of you are coming to our play? All of you. Because we've resorted to listening to Simple Plan and Linkin Park while we paint set to keep our selves from going sane. Heartbreaker.

How many of you want to contribute to the "Refund Andy's Money After Stolen iPOD?" (RAMASI for short...er...) I still need to buy a macro lens, a Polaroid camera, and some other stuff. Update: applying to BlockBuster -- and cheating the tax system. God, I love my family and their smart-ness. We're starting a companyyy! Eee!

How many of you are going to go home and listen to:
How to Save a Life - The Fray
Trust Me - The Fray
Hallelujah - Teddy Geiger
Letters to Noelle - Something Corporate
Take on Me - Aha
White Collar Boy - Belle & Sebastian
Fair - Remy Zero
In the Sun - Joseph Arthur
Eli, the Barrowboy - The Decemberists
?

How many of you want to try something new?
And now for something completely different. Matching games (oh, and, launching Name-That-Game)!

"I'm scared of lightning."
"'Deal or No Deal'?"
"You're like an egg..."
"Touch me and I will follow / in your afterglow."
"No one lives here!"
"I think I can resist."
"No, I'm not going to be in your sex movie."
"Steve, you're dead!"
"I need some tear water."
"You were hoping I was dead."


Mr. Peters
Justin Horlings
James Vanderveen
Tim Ubbens
Brent Knibbe
Jackie DeJong
Nathan Kalk
Mr. Heinbuch
Andy Philp
Steve Biersteker

GoGo!

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to see what other people's answers are before i give mine..


haha

Anonymous said...

and i listened to 6 of those songs

Andy said...

that's because you have a distinct advantage, having been in the room for, or heard about seven of the ten.

Andy said...

yayyy!

Anonymous said...

that's very true..

which is why i'm not ruining it for other people...


aren't i a nice guy...


don't answer that..

Anonymous said...

ok im gonna try:

"you're like an egg" - jackie (hehe)
"you were hoping i was dead" - steve

and thats all i have...ahh...still working on peer counseling...ahh

Andy said...

ps. answer all of them, not just some. just guess if you don't know. all of them at once.

Anonymous said...

guessssing:

"deal or no deal" - timothy
"touch me and i will follow you in your afterglow" - andrewwww
"i think i can resist" - mr. heinbuch
"No, I'm not going to be in your sex movie." - peters
"Steve, you're dead!" - brent
"I need some tear water." - james
"I'm scared of lightning." - nathan
"no one lives here!" - justin

phew. done.

Andy said...

Three right!

Anonymous said...

hm. that tear one might be andy...

Andy said...

don't see you guessing, jessing.

Andy said...

i just said, answer all or answer none. and no, you're wrong.

Unconscious said...

first of all.
Hooray! Belle and Sebastian.
Second of all.
Linkin Park and Simple Plan making you sane? That's. Interesting.
Oh. and show me some of that macro photography when you get the lens.

Andy said...

i said keep me from going sane. so no, it doesn't make you sane, just the opposite.

claud said...

wow, don't i feel extremely behind... getting here just in time for comment number 18!

the part about beauty making you feel a sense of calm is exactly how i felt walking to school this morning. it's a lovely walk when you're not rushing and it's nice n' sunny.

i will have to check out the music i haven't heard when i have some free time. i'm trusting it's good though, knowing you and your music-ness.

claud said...

oh, and how come i don't get an exclamation point?

!

Anonymous said...

haha..i know the answers..


most

Andy said...

because it's connected to the following statement.

Anonymous said...

ya..

Unconscious said...

oh. well. sanity is a curse. to some.
mainly the insane.

Elysha said...

what you write makes my head spin.
think think.

Andy said...

gasp! i didn't use any analogies!

Elysha said...

it's the second paragraph that gets me.

Andy said...

something i've been thinking about for a while.

Elysha said...

I find those questions come about because many are raised with certain beliefs that tend to put God in a box and under a mircoscope. As if He's only right here or right there. As if we can anyalyze His substance and know.

kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kathleen said...

"I'm scared of lightning." James
"'Deal or No Deal'?" Tim
"You're like an egg..." Jackie
"Touch me and I will follow / in your afterglow." Nathan
"No one lives here!" Justin
"I think I can resist." Mr. Heinbuch
"No, I'm not going to be in your sex movie." Mr. Peters
"Steve, you're dead!" Brent
"I need some tear water." Andy
"You were hoping I was dead." Steve

yeah I really have no idea whatsoever. total guessing. but now i'm oh so curious to see who said what. and the context would be good too i suppose.

Oh and 2nd paragraph - i think we're naturally inclined to struggle with the identity of God. We are very familiar with things that are mortal and finite and natural. Whereas the immortal, infinite, and supernatural... not so comfortable with. We can't understand it. So naturally when we're thinking about something we think in "human" terms, even though God isn't like that. It's so natural. Dang sin. And that was probably your whole point. But anyhow... i really liked that paragraph. now that i'm thinking about it. actually the whole post was entertaining.

oh and if i had had a white skirt/pants i would've been in your movie...

insomnia sucks.. and there's a bunch of those girls (i'll admit, i have been one of those somedays) who are screaming and really excited in science class. and then you see andy... shaking his head in disapproval. and you can't help but feel bad. because you know if you were in the same state... you'd be...

actually speaking of science... the whole lightning thing reminds me of my little science board thingy. but i'm thinking that's just coinsidence? considering you published this monday...

Oh and I'm coming to the play. surprisingly not for any of those reasons in gym class. oh but that was entertaining anyhow.

i think i've talked too much. definitely. click -

(the above deleted comments were me. go figures.)

Andy said...

that was amusing in a good way. weehee! have to write a five page story by tomorrow. it's 7.55pm and this is my first opportunity to start on it.

Andy said...

oh, and the answers are:

"I'm scared of lightning." Steve
"'Deal or No Deal'?" Mr. Heinbuch
"You're like an egg..." Jackie
"Touch me and I will follow / in your afterglow." Nathan
"No one lives here!" Andy
"I think I can resist." Justin
"No, I'm not going to be in your sex movie." Mr. Peters
"Steve, you're dead!" Brent
"I need some tear water." James
"You were hoping I was dead." Tim


nice how the "hoping i was dead" threw you all off.

Anonymous said...

brent told me the lightening one..
and mr. heinbuch said that when? do refresh my memory..
ha. wishing he was dead???

Andy said...

i love how no one can spell lightning, like, ever.


fickle!

Anonymous said...

haha..i was going to give my answers..but then andy told all of them..

way to ruin fun haha

kathleen said...

yayyyy four right for me!

yeah the "hoping i was dead" thing really through me off though...

and i originally had james as the "i need some tear water"... ahhh that sounds so much like his little comments he makes!! but the whole last three lines threw me off. so i switched it. ugh.

Anonymous said...

you know what i just noticed, you named your balloon..lewis.

Anonymous said...

wow you're good

Andy said...

41!

i think i'll post something new soon.

Anonymous said...

42

Anonymous said...

and now 43

Unconscious said...

forty-four.
muahahaa. I feel like I'm in on something.

Anonymous said...

45

(i guess you could say that)

Anonymous said...

you /are/ in on something eugene. hm. i wonder how long we can keep this up until andy posts.

(i almost forgot...: 46)

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info free upskirts pic http://www.telephone-headset.info/the-surrender-by-toni-bentley.html Uk ride on toys