If I could open up my heart
And let her out
I would never have to sing her name aloud
It was your "hello" that kept me hanging on every word
And your "goodbye" that keeps me listening
For your voice around each corner
I was hanging on every word
And your "goodbye" that keeps me listening
For your voice around each corner
It keeps me listening for your voice around each corner
She Changes Your Mind - Copeland
Well, I'm done the play, I'm past the movie, and ideally, I'm free!(..?) But here's the kicker, I'm probably not. Ah well, such is life. I bet you've all been wondering what mad-hatter adventures the A-to the-P has been romping around in, but I'll be brutally honest... It's nothing much to brag about. Weeee've been:
in a play
done a movie
making friends
being a lawyer
seeing movies
watching Boston Legal
listening to good music again
not using my camera enough
missing deadlines
taking notes on lines paper
printing off ideas
drafting songs
creating scenes in the mind for later use
All of that and moooore!
What a deal. So the issue I have to bring up to public discussion today is Why, in God's name, do we do what we do in God's name?
Touché, cliché.
But seriously, I'm beginning to wish my life was more like a sitcom -- or better yet, a fairy tale. Where's my 30 minute problem solved that would just make things so much easier? Where's the ending I was waiting for? Where's the perfect thing to say the moment you need it? Well it bloody well isn't here.
So we weep for the dead and gone hope of a fairy tale life. My my, childhood was easier.
Here's to the fairy tale complex.
Here's to the microphone complex.
Here's to the girl complex.
Here's to the complex.
But, in the absence of the fairytale ending -- allow me to at least try for the right words.
I know I'm a mess. And I know I don't deserve to be a mess. I should be so much more put together than this, I have what it takes. I have all the gifts I need to be whatever I want, but I'm not. And I've finally figured out why. Because you can have the most beautiful image imaginable, but the minute you begin examining the pieces, you split apart those pieces. And just now, I've realized I'm missing some of those pieces. And that's my fault for losing those pieces -- I should be better than that -- I should know better.
Allow me to leave you with this,
I'm a helpless romantic,
And that can't be born lightly.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh, you and your way with words.
what happened to your Robin Hood complex?
has that died too?
and i thought it was:
here's "the clincher" - Chevelle.
>.> have you lied about not having to do anything in your "drama" class?
robin hood complex?
you're aware of what a complex is... right..?
no, it's kicker. always has been, always will be.
no. just hasn't hit me yet.
i like the lyrics of that song.
i saw that movie. brent lent it to me. pretty good, esp. considering i was interested and history usually doesnt do that.
ha. i just got hte a-to the-p thing. and im pretty sure i read it at least three times first. eep. wait..that /is/ andy philp right? if not. eepx2
nothing to brag about eh? sounds like enough to me. but then again. maybe you're measuring by quality not quantity. (that wasnt that friendly. whoops)
where's the perfect thing to say the moment you need it? dont build up your expectations. things drag too low for that. but sometimes they come back up. just wait it out. haha. i feel like dr. phil. or something..
fairytale, ive wished i lived a fairy tail once in a more-than-a-while. you know, cinderella, prince charming..that whole deal. hehe.
complex, ever think we make our own complex-es
mess/missing pieces/whole paragraph., makes me think of a puzzle. so if thats what you were going for. *clap clap*. and no thats not all i thought when i read it. just in case you were thinking that. i just said the one thing. but now thats too complicated to explain.
o and. why, in God's name, do we do the things we do in God's name?. hm. hm. no direct answer coming to me. but it might be happier without an answer for now.
and i think this is looooong enough. but who doesnt love length.
so we'll leave it at:
love
tj
i was listening to that song when i read this..weird..
that's it for now..yes..what a great follow up to tara's comment..
"now that you're here i'm okay"-that's so you-the rocket summer
no. not really. But you did say something about that...one year ago...I think...maybe I'm going crazy...ellipsis...ellipsis...ellipsis...
You're dramam class is hitting you?
Abuse!
Post a Comment