
So as I sit here watching Superman Returns, ironically (in two ways), I'm trying to convince myself that I'm doing something right. Because I've decided that right now I'm missing one thing in my life -- and maybe self-affirmation is that one thing. No, no it's not. So the quest continues (ah well, who really gives a damn, anyway?) Either way, it's my hope that by doing something like this I can 1)inspire some hope in my own life, and ultimately 2)inspire some hope somewhere else. Because really, what greater achievement is there? Granted, inspiring hope in someone else's life isn't likely to have you kickin' it with corgi pups and red leather interiors. But who really wants red leather interiors?
I think I need another metaphor rush. When will that happen? Sometime soon I hope. Is it possible that a metaphor rush is the one thing I need? Uh... No. But it's still fun. Either way, more on that later. I hope. But that's the point. Maybe I'll run with the irony and stick with my Superman. If you've seen that movie, you know Lois Lane wins a Pullitzer Prize for writing an article Clark soon discovers is about "Why the World Doesn't Need Superman". So how does that make everybody feel? That's enough of a metaphor for me. Because I don't feel like delving into it. Too bad for you.
In theory, you're supposed to learn control as you grow older. Look at all the examples. School, diapers, cooking, coloring. It's all there. Unfortunately for me, it's 11:11, and all that does is remind me that I'm slipping backwards and out of control. Which I tend to see as a problem. But hey, maybe it's just me. Maybe a downhill slope is all I need. Ah... Probably not. And it's not very pleasant. Either way, I'm under the impression that the only person who can do anything about it is me. Which is almost how it should be. Almost.

When I say almost, I mean that I'm just shy of a little community. Which brings me back to the thing we talked about in youth group a few years back. The four (or maybe three) kinds of love in the Greek language. So maybe that's what I need -- just a bit of comfort in my relational side, my social side. Too not feel so vulnerable or worried about all of the things that could go wrong with them. No. That's only healthy. The fact that I'm scared only makes me feel better about it.

17 comments:
What are you missing?
*nudge nudge*
love eh?
*nudge nudge* *wink wink*
keep your shirt on
i think abram likes you. he tried kissing me on the internet the other day.
the world doesn't need superman. otherwise we'd all be screwed right about now.
i'll get back to you on this one
gretchen: "donnie darko, that sounds like a superhero"
donnie: "what makes you think i'm not?"
i learned about the three/four greek words for love... i forget what they were... but i remember that that story in the bible where jesus asks
"peter do you love me?"
and peter goes
"of course i love you"
and then jesus asks again...
and so on. however it goes... they're using two different words for love. which makes the whole story make a lot more sense and it's more interesting.
anyhow...
i wish i knew someone with bipolar disorder.
that was not at all related.
i think i might have bipolar
sometimes
haha john
i think most people probably have it a leeetle. really i mean it!--or maybe the world has just given a messed up name for a good thing, like being able to appreciate the attractiveness of somebody of your own sex. i mean in the small ways. i guess some people might really have it? thats what i think right this minute, but i don't know anything about it really.
although you were joking in the beginning, ha. no more. now i've got the threads of an essay, which is a serious thing.
haha! hows that for a first comment? i'm tala's sister by the way.
what about love from Jesus? I'm sure he has enough to go around..
K
WHOA! we got the new internet explorer or whatever AND I CAN SEE YOUR BACKGROUND! sweet.
haha so did i kathleen, and i like much better now
i know you like what goes on backstage, dont even try to deny it.
my mom hates you now, maybe that'll teach you to not threaten to hurt people's mothers
hhaha
someone bored on christmas holidays?
oh, there's another post in the works. these things just take time.
oh that's completely understandable
but i mean you did have a day off today
until 12 that is..you need to give blockbuster a frickin' slap in the face
Post a Comment