Monday, June 25, 2007

Hooray for autosave!

Some people are just at a place where they are saying everything on these things. And I'm not sure how to respond to that.
It makes me smile/laugh/worried/jealous/happy/tired (choose one).
I have decided to come here because tonight feels like a good time for me to mark the beginning of my summer. I almost feel like making a list of things I would like to accomplish (like I would've done in the past), partly so I can just take a look at all the shit I'll never get done. Because that's really what they're meant for, right? All these "I want to..." lists I've been cranking out in the last three years of this thing. But maybe what I will do is give a brief run-down of where I'm at right now, at the beginning of the summer.


I have a job (that I might be quitting)
I have no girlfriend (see above)
I have a sixteen day trip to China planned
I have a (hopefully) life-long immunity to Hep C (or A... should probably get that figured out)
I have a few fences to mend, I believe
I have some talents I would like to work on
I have to finish chemistry

Now for a few explanations on all of the aforementioned.


I have a job (that I might be quitting): If two or more of the good co-workers or managers quit or leave, then I will be relocating to a different job (fingers crossed). But on the bright side, I do have a quitting buddy! We have a pact for job-searching when we both quit.
I have no girlfriend (see above): Just because there's so many things I will not talk about here, I will refer back to the job thing. I have no girlfriend because I have no time for one = having a job. I have no girlfriend because I cannot afford one = quitting my job. Oh, and I just don't think I have what it takes.*
I have a sixteen day trip to China planned: I have to pack and that whole thing, but overall I'm looking forward to it. But I will not be looking forward to losing those sixteen days. In a weird sort of way.
I have a (hopefully) life-long immunity to Hep C (or A... should probably get that figured out): I can now cross off one more STD from my list of things to worry about... when I share a drink with anyone...
I have a few fences to mend, I believe: I have been a jackass for the majority of this year. Done.
I have some talents I would like to work on: Because next year I would like to kick some ass. Mwuahaha. *See above.
I have to finish chemistry: Because I would like that credit. Done.

If you feel like you're losing by giving, then you didn't need to be giving.

18 comments:

Brent said...

it makes me all of the above.
i'm just waiting for the moment when it actually hits me that it's summer. and to tell you the truth, i'm not looking forward to that moment.
i was considering making a list, but there's really no point. especially since i would probably get all of 1 done.
here's where i'm at:
i have a job (which i haven't started and don't want to)
i have no girlfriend (gotta tell you about my stalker though)
i have a week trip to york university (volleyball camp)
i have fences that are in the process of being mended.
i have some talents that even i haven't discovered.
i have to finish what i started.

if you feel like you're losing by giving, then why are you giving?

mandie. said...

data management isu idea..

poll the girls of tdch and find out the percentage that consider one andrew philp a catch, or would consider being his girlfriend.

(i think you may find some surprising results)
so get on that.

phil said...

do you want to physically kick ass? or do you just want to >be> kick ass?

Andy said...

yeah, no.
not going to be the one to do that.

phil said...

am I the only one a bit weirded out that the three of us were looking at this at the same bloody time?

mandie. said...

obviously /you/ wouldn't,
i was sharing /my/ idea.

"great minds think alike"?

gah.

Jon Berg said...

heh does everyone think of making a list at the begining of summer?

i totally did, and then remembered that episode of arthur.

but there are definite things i want to accomplish this summer. And i really don't know how thats going to go, i'm still in the process of figuring out where i am . . with 'everything'. . things are in the air, and i'm waiting for it all to land.
Sounds like you've got some good stuff going for you.
click
i saw this the other day and it made me quite jealous of everyone going to china.

(i'm curious if that html bit will work.)

Jon Berg said...

hah it totally did. awe some.

Abram said...

Dude you have no idea how hard I laughed when you said (see above), blood?
also wthell is up with that! I hope it comes off.

I know what your talkin about, I am missing 2 chances to finish 2 different lifeguarding courses b/c life just decided to be an asshole.

And need to find, some of that "I'm good enough." also

and found out I might be following the path of a stalker and gotta jump off that train. Stop this train BIATCH.

Oh and hellz we are going cottaging all together IT MUST Happen, I seem to be the ONLY ONE who cares though....

+hugs all around, since everyone seems to read this blog. Is anyone else stuck at home? I need a frikin job. dammit CHINA!!

Abram said...

whoa the hugs was for a totally different purpose. wow that was gay. so pretend theres a period

Andy said...

cottaging? woah, what? alright. nice.
self-esteem is so important. i just learned that again.

Anonymous said...

andy

for shame.
that data management idea
is brilliant.
'john tucker must die'
brilliant.

you should get
all over that.

and seriously,
get a hold on your circle.
they're taking over
the internet.

- your older brother

Anonymous said...

the title made me laugh...was it there all along?

i used to be the queen of lists, i havent made a decent one in ages.

mandie: brilliant;) hehe. except his head might swell a teeeensy bit.;) either that or he'd be so defeated we'd lose him all together.




ps. frozen jam and yoghurt

Rachel said...

i actually did it.
wow.

sometimes i surprise myself.

and the beetles still flying around somewhere.
or actually.. i think it went and hid back under the envelope.

earwigs!

Rachel said...

ps...

you dont need to rebuild fences with me.
i've already moved into your backyard.. and your mind for that matter. so not even figurative fences between us. thats right.

Anonymous said...

everytime i see that picture of you i think you're eric nowak (sp?) unil i take a second look

kathleen said...

i like that picture.

i was going to make a list. but i didn't...

Anonymous said...

i don't know if i completely agree with that last sentence.

otherwise, from the point of view of someone who (thought she) used to know you quite well, i don't know if i really know you anymore, andy.