I Can’t Save The World
I am just a boy
I sleep in my bed; I eat at my kitchen table
When the sun is out, I play outside
Or I don’t
But I can’t save the world
I am just a boy
I imagine myself growing old
And when I do, I pray it isn’t alone
But it might be
And I didn’t save the world
I am just a boy
I try not to think about my mistakes
Anymore than I have to, to learn
And I make a lot
Like not saving the world
I am just a boy
I bleed the same way as you do
Just not as often – or maybe more
I hope it’s the second
Since I’m not saving the world
I am just a boy
I jump on the bandwagon, sometimes
I didn’t even like POGS
There goes my money
Meanwhile, I could’ve been saving the world
I am just a boy
The night sky makes me feel insignificant, sometimes
So it’s a good thing I’m already on my back
I’d be knocked there
Now I know I can’t save the world
I am just a boy
Most of the time I wish that I could fly
So that I could see the Seven Wonders of the World
And all its problems
Just because I didn’t save the world
I am just a boy
I complain about having so much to do
At least I have those opportunities
Others do not
Even for them, I do not save the world
I am just a boy
Even amongst the busyness, I still get bored
So I preoccupy myself with hobbies
One of them is not
Saving the world
I am just a boy
I have trouble making eye contact
Especially with starving children on my TV
It inspires me
I decide to save the world, but I don’t
I am just a boy
I have a goal to be famous one day
And have influence over thousands, like Oprah
And I will relax
And forget about trying to save the world
I am just a boy
I reflect on my life, maybe too much
And I realize how little I have done
And I feel guilty
For I have not saved the world
I am just a boy
I have started to realize my limits
And made realistic goals for the world
Like changing myself
Because I can’t save the world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
forgot "save" in the third last verse
awesome by the way. i was waiting for something like this for quite a long time.
good job.
all fixed now
The title kicks the whole things ass.
Though I hope you didn't kill romance cause then;
I'd have to shoot you with my foot;
up your opposite side of your ass.
hehe but the thing is good, though I really was hoping for a happy ending :'(
all of that seems far to familiar.
i really like it though.
ee-excellent and like brent, i was waiting for something like this. glad to have it here. well done aaaaaandy.(L)
you are /so/ going to be famous.
for once, i can kinda see where this may be coming from. maybe.
it doesn't have it's normal andy flow to it, but i still like it.
it's because i had to hand it in.
can't be me with the teachers.
Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.
Post a Comment