I didn't think I would be coming back here for a very long time, but I realized that the fact that no one tends to come here anymore was way more appealing than I had realized. That... and it's letting me edit the text properly again, so I can add some color. So perhaps I will make this a long one.
I'm not here to complain, I'm not here to point fingers at God and the rest of the world (which leaves... who?), but I've often wondered at the whole balance of life. I guess that statement depends on what you consider balance. Is balance a response to your own actions -- the repercussions of your actions is good or bad based on whether or not your actions were good or bad (ie. karma)? Is balance an attempt to give everyone an equal opportunity? Or is balance a promise that we'll all break even with each other in the end?
My instant reactions:
- balance as equal opportunity: FALSE. because what about those kids in africa?
- balance as breaking even: FALSE. because what about those kids in africa?
- balance as a result of your actions: FALSE. because what about me? ...and those kids in africa?
No, I'm not denying that I have an extremely blessed life. I can do almost anything I set my mind to, I can do some things really well, I have some great friends, I have a supportive family. But sometimes I judge my life a little differently than that. Small things, like "Am I happy?"
This is the moment where I start to question my views on the Purpose behind everything. If I'm struggling to feel important, complete, accepted, wanted, or like any of it's worth it -- then why am I insisting on keeping it up? Because maybe I think it'll all pay off in the end? Maybe I think this whole "unselfishly giving" thing works on the ladies... And I wonder, even if I knew I would never get anything out of it in return, would I still do it?
Yeah. Think I might.
I suppose I'll just remain this way. Because sometimes the Doormat is cool. Like Charlie Brown. Or Linus. Right? He had it going for him. I wish I could just see some reasoning. Because I'm pretty sure that I'm walking into most of these situations. I'm setting myself up to be walked all over, or be walked to, borrowed, and then walked away from. But maybe I'm just like all those other guys who give of themselves without even thinking about it. The ones that you don't need to explain why you need them. Maybe the only thing that sets me apart is that I have no motivation. And I'm draining myself -- because I have nothing to draw from.
So please don't tell me that it will all be worth it soon enough. Or that I just need to wait patiently and I'll be rewarded. Because, sure, the blessing may be in the giving sometimes. And sometimes your reward is your action. But that's little comfort when every night you go home alone and every time you walk through a door there's no one waiting for you.
P.S. Please watch the video. It gave me chills when I was seven, it gave me chills tonight.

10 comments:
Been there. Still there. And yeah, so far as I can tell, I'm just like you. So far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be anything promising at the end of all this self-sacrifice. In fact, I think it's actually making me a worse person, because now I seem to require recognition for everything. Which is stupid, it contradicts that other style of life I've stuck myself in. But true as the action is its own reward may be, it sucks. Specially since nobody else seems to act the same way.
Worst part. I can't just give it up, cause my conscience at this point won't let me. So I'm unhappy if I stop, I'm unhappy if I continue...
We need a support group.
i just thought i should let you all know:
i was late for church this morning because i was up writing this. then when the sermon started i got mine.
take a guess.
i have answers to this, i want to write answers to this... but its 1 am, feels to me like 3, and i cant bring myself to put multiple thoughts together intelligently. answers are gonna have to wait til tomorrow.
i'm guessing your sermon was on a related/the same subject? so maybe you got your answers.
still want a reply?
p.s.
five links.
also too tired to watch.
tomorrow.
i keep meeting people again and again who are wondering where the happiness is, and why they lack motivation. like me.
i saw a movie on friday and i keep thinking about it: What the #$*! do we know?
darryl had already told me about a number of the things they talk about which is probably why it had such an impact on me..
you need yourself a follow up for this sir.
i like how you analyze things even where . . really depressing.
oh and rachel, i'd like some answers if you still have some.
jon, some answers for ya:
1. when i finally get caught up on my crapload of homework this week, i'll hopefully write something on the subject.
2. look into illustration at sheridan. and yes its also a degree.
http://sheridanheadlines.ca/
1. sounds good.
2. i love that headlines thing. Some really neat stuff in there.
are the smiles at school that everybody gives ever real? Or does it all come out when we blog. My smiles are generally genuine.
I find the purpose of being generous, and spending your time helping other people is to show God's love. But before you can show God's love you gotta figure out what it is. Which I am in the process of doing. I have happiness however, and I'd like to accredit that to Jesus.
Wierd using FUCK and God in the same sentence. GFM. but fuck balance! Okay so for me: Perfectness of eternal God in the begining; balance.
Create heavenly beings to praise him. Unblanance? create the world still good.
Man to worship him by chioce. Unbalance. Sin. Wow we friked it up.
Choice = unbalance.
Wow I just realized this can sound really sacraligious. but makes sense to me kinda...
Post a Comment