Monday, August 14, 2006

Some things I've learned about myself:


Physically:
I take temperature in the weirdest way.
My body is connected. When one part of me is sick, the rest of me gets sick.
My head is not.

Habitual:
Midnight snacks are awesome.
I want what I can't have. Then when I have it, I don't want it anymore.
Every night I'm sure of something. It doesn't last.


Whatever. I've always hated being this cliche. Or just being cliche. So much for avant garde. So much for that whole "You remind me of an indie band" thing. What I'm saying is that there are times when you'll talk it out, and even if you haven't figured it out, the other person has you figured out. And most of the time it's because you don't want to hear what they figure out. Maybe it's not true and they just say it because they know you never will. Or maybe they're right, and if they know you well enough, they probably are, and they're just saying it because they know you never will.
That's so two nights ago.

But as far as I'm concerned, I can just listen to my "Hopeless Romantic" playlist and watch some TV about unrequited love. It begs the question: Can I actually go until September living off of the writing I'm doing, the guitar I'm playing, the music I'm listening to, the things I'm seeing, and the face I just can't quite make out? I had a dream about a year ago -- and I'm pretty sure it was true. And that it will come true. The problem was I remember everything about that dream except for one thing. And that one thing I haven't remembered since I woke up that night. That dream was my happy ending; that dream was my surprise twist. And I don't know who was in it.
But, on the bright side, it still means I have my happy ending to think about. And maybe I'd rather not know and be able to live without cheating and the proverbial skipping-to-the-end.

I'm not done yet. Because I don't think I've said enough. I don't think I'm being clear, so I'll go for quantity rather than quality of clues.
Clues to what? My me, of course!
Ee!

--
treefriend2.0


I finally found the one song that expresses everything I feel about girls. And that's cool for me. It's my approach, totally. But it's all mine(!), so don't even bother(!).

Haha, I said 'girls.' My God, that's going to come back to haunt me. In more ways than one, mind you.
Notice I've lightened up, considerably. Let's see how long that lasts.

Do you like apples? I got my employee code number for Blockbuster. Not a big deal, right? Wrong(!)! Now I can get ten free rentals a week. I think this means I'll be finishing my chemistry ILC early so I can watch movies in second period. How do you like d'em apples(!)?
(It's all in the delivery.)

Perhaps the Loneliest Sixteen Year Old Boy Born in Cambridge and Living in Mississauga,
- Andy

P.S. Jimmy Eat World's album Futures is good for nights when you just don't know what you want.
P.P.S. That's a polaroid at the top that my dad took some time ago. Older than me, I can tell you that. Anyway, it's much better quality and more impressive in person. I had to touch it up because my mom blew it up.

15 comments:

Andy said...

I'm listening to Nickelback again.


Kill me.

Anonymous said...

oh i just know how this is going to end

Anonymous said...

aaron l. listened to nickelback in grade 8.
love,
the walking andy-contradiction.

Tala Azar said...

oh, i was about to say i LOVE that first picture, which i do, but i guess it's not a compliment to you anymore, except maybe your taste?

midnight snacks... when i was little, i used to get all starry-eyed when my mom told me how she and her friends used to do that on sleepovers. now it's just what you do when you're hungry.

Anonymous said...

oh andy, nickelback?

the polaroid: sweet!

that must've been some dream if you're still thinking about it a year later.

the treefriend: yours?

you're the second person i know who says "how do you like d'em apples?"

dang, if you're going to write such a dour sign-off, at least spell it righttt

Andy said...

fair enough.

but now we're in an interesting predicament. either you've recently bought a word of the day calender, or you messed up on sour.
i'm going to hope for the first... as embarrassing as that is.

and yes, it's mine.


oh, and by the way, if you think about it, it's really not that depressing of a sign-off. dour's actually the perfect word.

Anonymous said...

so you think that i would need a word-of-the-day calendar to come up with 'dour'? totally undermining my vocabulary skills, andy.

Anonymous said...

You’re brilliant! ‘I want what I can't have. Then when I have it, I don't want it anymore.
Every night I'm sure of something. It doesn't last.’ Either that or it just fits with me too. Which I think is the more likely option...or so we’ve concluded.
Your cliché sounds cool though sir. Get over it and enjoy it. (I hate the non-andy cliché too though)
I read it again.(kinda obvious) and I get it now. And im sorry.(I know I said that) But at least now we know andy has a heart ;).
Is your dad a photography…genius…guru…or any of that? Im just curious.
Love,
tarajoy

kathleen said...

i've started to right many pointless paragraphs about things you've said in your post. it's worth commenting on. so for the fear of making myself look like a fool, i'll leave it at that.

i think you'll last until september. we all will. fortunately and unfortunately. spin it either way.

Anonymous said...

mr. august 15 just dont compare to miss august 20. ha;).

Andy said...

what did you want me to say?

Anonymous said...

so i've kinda gotten lost here. but ah well, completely off-topic from your post, look what i came across today:

Topic Less

I am in need of a topic
A turkey or a stick
A turtle or some wax
A box of cracker jacks.

I don't know what to write
This might take all night
I don't know what to do
I don't really have a clue.

If a thought were to occur
My writer's block I would conquer
I might just go berserk
If I don't do tonight's homework.

If you would please give me a tip
I might get this, bit by bit
This topic that I seek
I've almost got one, so to speak.

I don't need anything hi-tech
This is a pain in the neck
Does anyone want to help me, no one
Wait a minute, I'm already done.



recognize it?

ps. go to bed!

Unconscious said...

Nickelback eh? Any of their new stuff by chance?

Have you been up late nights with no sleep again?

Anonymous said...

dude you totally just got nostalgia'd.

by a girl.

you know what else is cool? little miss sunshine.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. small tits diamond engagement rings Pony cabinet claw 8511 Auto trailer rentals one way http://www.flowers-1.info Grease off of wood cabinets Vw fox roof rack pee Mercedes for fish Graph of ritalin users White ninja archived comic strips