I get scared with all of the noise coming from nowhere. Coming from no sound. It's just White Noise getting angry. "That's some storm..." Some wind. But I suppose I can always hide behind my door; behind my guitar; behind my phone. Sound familiar? I scare easy.
I just cover my ears and scream, "Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty!"
I'm one of those wannabe everything's. Apparently Achilles had an Achilles heel. Apparently no one told him. And apparently we all have a weakness. And apparently that's okay. But apparently it's not if you don't know what it is. Someone should've told Achilles. Apparently you still can.
So I just cover my ears and say, "Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty."
So while frogs throw themselves at my window to get out of the storm, and my dog is, no doubt, cowering in a closet somewhere, and me wondering what the hell everyone else thinks glory is, things start to fall into place. I lied to you -- this year is just as bad as last. And maybe this year won't be our best, or even better. But I'm the first to admit, that with how bad it's been already, how can it not be getting better? I just lose track of the time, and eventually I miss you so much I can't sleep.
I just cover my ears and say, "Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty," and eventually the words don't mean anything.
EDIT// circa 3.40am
Well, my ROASTED SUNFLOWER SEEDS SALTED were the only thing keeping me "sane" while I couldn't fall asleep, due to a choking problem. While I was doing everything short of making myself throw up (it was a last resort I was saving -- luckily I discovered the sunflower seeds), I came up with a lame-ass (pardon the French -- I was up at four in the morning.) analogy. You were my sunflower seeds. And I hope you still are.
Get back to me.
Oh. And I know what I'm going to say, now.
Friday, August 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
i've definitely had the best year yet.
"You mean I'm called Achilles, Mum,
and I have an Achilles heel as well?"
"i'll be a laughing stock"
I edited//.
Oh, and enjoy nuking the Hamptons.
God bless the Interweb.
Nuking the Hamptons was....interesting. Nukes just take away the manic in "homicidal maniac". 'Coz everyone does it.
my jones tells me to "Re-arrange the furniture."
now you Have to read Adverbs.
you're almost quoting.
Nice secret weapon andy. I use it too! =P
at least someone's still writing this summer.
sounds like you're more figured out now. and i know..we finished this..but i just read it again. i cant help myself.
i'm just wondering
what is 'now more water resistant' supposed to mean/refer to? is it random?
it's in reference to "permenant tatoo."
Post a Comment