Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Hooch is crazy."

I was hit with this sudden urge to, you know, do this whole thing. And I didn't need anyone to berate me or remind me or anything. Maybe I've been a little off this week. Or however long it was. All I know is it all started at the same time I was trying on t-shirts and trying out intros and cranking out funny little thoughts.
I guess you could say... I'm a little bit under-reactive. Or maybe I'm just putting things off, like my schoolwork and this thing.

Hold on. I'm going to get a snack.
And possibly some real affirmation of character.
Frick.



And now I'm back with an egg sandwhich. So much so that I'm ready to start breaking down my entire life. My entire existance. Just name a topic and I'll go for it... you unbelievable witch.
If only I knew where to start. Anyway, Since You're All Just Sitting around Waiting For something to Happen. I think I'm going to kick it oldschool by doing something newschool. And by that, I mean, I'm going to try and be avant garde again. To be the unexpected, the unpredictable, the--
OhcrapIthinkIjustateWebmail.

I think the key to my coming through and actually doing something revolutionary tonight relies on me either being ridiculously happy, or completely crushed. We'll see where I end up by the end of the night when all the moments of pretending to be rock stars, sitting out on back porches, and wishing somebody understood you climax into one epiphany-ridden, mind-bending, guilt-tripping, half-awake, brain-dead, teenage-angst, dead-beat, insincere moment with everyone breaking down into tears and sweat and lying on their beds with their red hoodies and their boyfriends or girlfriends wondering what the hell in God's name just happened to them overnight.
Gee, you're swell.
It just started. Right there. This whole thing started right then.

Let's stick with the superficial for a moment. I'm almost done with my friggen Young Drivers instructor. Hooray.
My workplace is cliquey. Aw frick.
I'm wearing a tie at midnight. Heck yes.
I'm wearing a wire bracelet from grade seven. How appropriate.
I can't make eye-contact with a webcam and it's pissing me off to the point where I had to stare at a mirror for a minute to keep from going insane. I'm mentally fricked.

So my mood just changed in the twenty minutes between typing that last thing... So let's see where that takes this.
Is the happy me a little more introspective? A little more "OhcrapIdon'tactuallyknowwhyIdidthat!" Or perhaps, just wants to go to Miami; or back to the Gold Rush.

So have I always been perfectly honest? No.
Have I even been perfectly honest on this thing? No. Which is ridiculous, seeing as I'm lying to a computer screen.
That's it. I'm done.

Now do me a favor and think before you speak.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what is it. happy or crushed?
why is that picture there?
funny how you always mention going for a snack (like i said).
i wish i had a hoodie i could do that with. but i just dont. but im guessing you do.
what more is there to do than sit around and wait for something to happen? (ya..do something..ok..do what!?)

Tala Azar said...

---------beeeeeep------------

oh no!

Andy said...

now, either you just flatlined...
or i just started swearing.





or you were talking about when you don't know what to say when the answering machine comes on:
"leave a message at the tone. beep"
"awwwwwcraaaaaaap"

Tala Azar said...

smarts! i only thought of the first one but i think all would apply.

Andy said...

i'm just going to go ahead and assume that something was meant by the original comment, since you planned its meaning.


but tara, it was both happy and crushed, if you noticed.

Unconscious said...

I'm trying to think before i say something.

You know I just can't do that. I over-scrutinize my words and end up scrapping them.

Well. Something to work on.

Anonymous said...

i guess i /did/ notice. but in my defense, i wrote this in the middle of the night-ish..not the end.

Elena said...

wow. ok.

Anonymous said...

cant help but being...awed, eh?;)
hi andy!
love,
tarajoy

kathleen said...

my personal opinion is that people should actually leave messages on people's answer machines. since i don't have call display and usually wait to see who's calling and then pick up the phone.

(as much of a pain as it is)

Andy said...

totally lost.

Anonymous said...

um, kathleen? where'd that come from...

Anonymous said...

what the crap?

kathleen said...

it was random...


and this reminded me of it:
"
or you were talking about when you don't know what to say when the answering machine comes on:
"leave a message at the tone. beep"
"awwwwwcraaaaaaap" "

Andy said...

aw, come on, that's wasn't even fair.


you know what else is cool? kiss kiss bang bang.

Elena said...

where did that come from?

Anonymous said...

i only saw part of it..and it was good

i have to see the rest..but not at home..that wouldn't work..