Wednesday, September 06, 2006

you could be my heroin

This is a good week for cluttered desks and clean lockers.
This is a good week for a train wreck.
This is a good week for looking back and seeing everything is just repeated and that you haven't gotten anywhere.
This is a good week for taking a step forward and, oh, I don't know, jumping.

I guess what makes me different from all of you is that I know the answer. And that brings a little thing called the burden of knowledge. It's real, and it shows up whenever you're not alone. Imagine yourself in an Oh Henry! commercial -- minus the quick fix. The dollar-twenty solution to all of your problems.



So, yeah, maybe I am trying to pull a fast one on all of you. Trying to keep my foot in the door while revelling in the sunshine. Call me Icarus and get it over with. Because that might just wrap it all up. I'm Icarus, not once, but twice. So, if I'm Icarus and the sun is coming at me from all sides -- I probably shouldn't have burnt all those bridges.
Allow me to do something for myself: to resign myself to whatever the sun may do -- just this once. Allow me to crash and burn and wait until after all of that to tell me that you saw this coming from a mile away. Maybe then, when I forgive you for reading my journal, reading into that part of me I didn't want out, maybe then I'll be ready to do this with a second set of wings.



"Call me Icarus, and I'll sleep tonight.
Call me Icarus, and you'll probably still be right.
Because as long as I'm trying to reach the stars with these burnt up wings and tethered arms
I'll be your Icarus, and you'll be my sun."
-Andy

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

what/who is icarus?

kathleen said...

it sounds like a greek god. just the name.

and i've always thought of the burden of knowledge as wisdom. and i've always though of wisdom as a gift. but i guess i could be wrong on that one.

Andy said...

problem solve, kids.
no helping hand apart from this

Unconscious said...

Hum. Icarus...that power hungry, delusional maniac? =| I'm being a sensationalist. Feel like you've been burned andy?

Anonymous said...

solve my own problems? what? drama class is getting to my head. i dont have to work now do i?

Anonymous said...

'looking back and seeing everything is just repeated' - reminds me of my 'life is rotation'. it haunts me..ha, and caught-ch-ya! it haunts you too.

so i looked through dear old icarus' story. makes sense. its a great one. i think you'll end up in one of those music references, or dramatic references;) good luck in the real world, when you bring icarus out further from your dear little blog and pin him up on wikipedia's lists.

love,
tj

Anonymous said...

hmm, i would follow your link, andy, but this computer is bloody slow that i think it would load tomorrow. and being the super cool person i am, i dont have that kind of time... so, that brings me to repeat taras question. and that was a ridiculously long unnecessary explanation. but rather than backspace, ill just leave it at that.

Anonymous said...

ahh this is really funny.. i just realized this is all in french. "claudia a dit..." ahahah. and i also just realized that you are at school right now. ahahaha. and that i finished school before you even woke up. assuming that you dont wake up at five am.

Unconscious said...

"That shit could kill a bus of kids"
-Playradioplay!

Remember that Andy, always remember that.

Elena said...

icarus, huh? I think i'll say no more.

Tala Azar said...

every time i come here i see 'heroin' and i'm like 'whattt...' :P

Andy said...

that might be because that's what it says.
heroin.

Tala Azar said...

hey!!! nooo you changed it. i'm not that dumb! ah! ha you think you've tricked me you naughty child.

let me just say, that if i weren't fifteen old years, i would perhaps be afraid that the world is not as i perceive it. except that it isn't.

naw. tis late, and you are probably....... not sleeping.

Andy said...

that doesn't really connect to your previous comment. i was hoping you'd elaborate...

and yes, i did change it, because i realized i screwed up.

Andy said...

this is how it should be.

Tala Azar said...

it's weird to doubt your memory. makes you doubt other things. that's how it's related...