Friday, March 06, 2009

The Place I Live

I have a big place in my heart for this place. I always seem to. Stuff grows on me. Places grow on me. Just like music grows on me. I suppose this is how a man can end up with an exploding heart. When I really stop and think about it, I don't think I actually could afford to have a normal-sized heart with all the places, people, things, thoughts, and feelings that have captured it. So I would propose that the compliment "you have a big heart," in some cases, isn't as much a compliment as it is an acknowledgment of just how lucky you must be. Because, let's face it, not everyone has enough in their life to warrant a big heart.
I guess that's what makes those people exceptional. The perseverance of a big heart when, by all accounts, they should have turned cynic years ago.



I wish I could live in a world where I didn't have to fetch my Kleenex box from the bathroom. I wish I didn't have to listen quietly to someone who didn't want to say a word. I wish the world was just in general a much better place to live. But there are those people out there that make it worthwhile--keep them. You'll need them.

Consider this a message from the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. You all have places, people, things, thoughts, and feelings in your life that you should never let go of. That you may take for granted. I know I do. Acknowledge them. You need to. For you.

3 comments:

kathleen said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear this morning to start my day off. Thank you.

Jon Berg said...

nicely said andy

your right, I should acknowledge the people I appreciate, more.

thank you for writing more.
keep goin.

Abram said...

lol obamaisha how is there is no way that is actually a name. can't lie though I really would not be surprised.

"I wish I didn't have to listen quietly to someone who didn't want to say a word. :)"
: I wish I could say a word to someone who wanted to listen.:P