I'm back with an unshakable feeling of efficacy. This is me, just basking in what's sitting out there. Anyone feeling hopeful? Yeah, well you should be.
This isn't because I've had any streak of kick-assery (look it up), or anything. This is because I've decided everything else just wasn't worth it (more on that later). So what would you like, tonight? A list of songs to turn your awesome on? A check up on what's really worth paying attention to? Some sort of half-assed reference to what school is all about now? Excessive use of a sentence/paragraph pattern? ALL YES.
But this time we make you work for it.
Pursuit of Happiness - Kid CuDi ft. MGMT & Ratatat
All my time right now is divided in some manner or other between
a) reading my textbooks
b) attending class
c) buying groceries
d) wishing I had more time for about 65% of the people in my life
e) planning how best to stay warm in the winter
and frankly, I'm sort of fine with that. Like I said, I just don't want to waste my time on details that aren't important. Why? Because I don't have the time. Somehow, in this whole paradoxical shimmey-shake, I entrenched myself so quickly that I don't even have the time to successfully reorganize or prioritize my schedule. That's right: I'm cutting it so close I don't have time to figure out how to stop cutting corners. It could have something to do with all five of my courses basically spending two weeks rehashing Grade 12 Data Management--each with their own sets of different (read: incompatible) definitions for the same terminology.
Never Better - P.O.S.
Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend
TV is awesome. You should all be up to speed--or pursuing said speed--on the following:
How I Met Your Mother
The Office
NCIS
Family Guy
and if you aren't, well, that's your prerogative (read: SHAME ON YOU). But I ask you, have I ever steered you wrong?
Rome - Phoenix
Supernova - Mr. Hudson ft. Kanye West
I'm all jumbled up, because I can't decide what exactly to do with my studies. I made a big step by throwing myself headlong at psychology. I also made a big commitment. That's a lot of time I'll be investing--so I'd better know what I want. So far, the list is at:
a) clinical psychologist
b) marketing
c) professor
d) social psychology
e) snappy dresser
and those are all pretty enticing. But of course, I just realized I could be a snappy dresser for ALL of those jobs. INCLUDING snappy dresser. I attribute that epiphany to 35% of the norepinephrine flowing in my body right now. The remainder you guys can just divvy amongst yourselves. Debate and debacle.
...Totally not related.
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez (The Knife cover)
Young Forever - Jay-Z ft. Mr. Hudson
While we're on the topic of unrelated (like synapses weren't enough), I think everyone should take a course in psychology at least once in their university studies. Puts a lot of stuff into perspective. Of course, you'll end up a little more like me--second-guessing every attribution you make, developing a paper phobia you yourself can not only identify, but also chastise yourself for labeling as a phobia, with a poster over your desk with "F.A.E." written in block letters. But, aw man, it's fun. I'm supposed to be performing some sort of experiment on myself later this year which will probably involve both operant and classical conditioning on some sort of semi-sub-unconscious. Maybe that's all just a ruse and you're the one I'm really conditioning. Hey, I just did it to you again. Sorry, I'll stop.
Sorry.
I'm stalling. Hopefully I'll have something awesome to throw on the end here to leave you with. Also, I hope to figure out how I got purple ink all over my clothes at work. Oh, hey, I got it.
blue roses - "doubtful comforts" (3D camera shift musicvideo) from fabian röttger on Vimeo.

3 comments:
the answer to the purple ink?
i don't even know...
that is unfortunate...
Post a Comment