Monday, October 30, 2006

little red cook book, little red cook book


Okay, so I feel like I owe you all an appology. But don't worry, because I feel like I finally discovered a way to seperate my public thoughts from my private ones. So we should be in good shape.

I feel responsible. What for, I'll never tell.

I've been thinking a lot about heroes, recently. About how you need to be careful who you make your hero. Not because of the usual "be careful who you look up to" kind of thing where they can lead you astray, but because being someone's hero is a massive responsibility. Think about it, when someone depends on you in that sort of way, and you take that seriously, there is a lot of pressure to never show any sign of weakness. You want to be Superman. You want to be invincible for them. Because they feel that you can be invincible for them.

"It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed"

I'm not going to make any attempt to connect myself personally to this at all. More like, I hope to inspire you. This may be my turning point.
The desired product feeling is that you would leave here with, not only a greater sense of the demand you place on your hero, but the desire to let them know that, every once in a while, they can do what's best for them. Or, better yet, you can try taking a hit for your hero.

"It may sound absurb, but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream"



Sorry, all, I'm feeling disconnected, so this pretty much sucked. Hopefully you didn't feel like I was preaching at you. But like I said earlier, I've been working on seperating what needs to be said from what needs to be heard. Because, I can personally guarantee you, those are two completely seperate things.

Happy almost-Halloween!

8 comments:

Andy said...

oh, and that first picture, yeah, jackie took that. it was on my camera, though, so i put it here.

Tala Azar said...

i disagree!! what needs to be said is often what needs to be heard. if you try to say what people want you to say, well, that's what school's for. all the dirty inbetween people genuinely want to hear. is it... nasty curiousity or something a notch higher?, is the question.

and: if this is preaching, preach it brother!
actually i don't mean that, i just wanted to say that.

you decide.

Tala Azar said...

HAhaha!

"and: i" (etc.)

Andy said...

you're misunderstanding me
i'm not saying that anything that needs to be heard doesn't need to be said
i'm saying that there are things things that need to be heard, and things that need to be said, but never heard

jkoukla said...

YAYYY THATS MY PICTUREEEEEE! =D
woooooowoooooooooooooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yipeeeeeeeee!

im gunna go back and read the blog now.

Anonymous said...

good work andy. (i mean the public/private thing)

jkoukla said...

five for fighting!

Anonymous said...

i heard you think that im quiting our band. no worries. i just thought that it was a publicity photo, a way to get our band out their. im not leaving you behing.